TrueDustlynn

Hey y'all! Welcome to my blog spot, hope you all enjoy reading my entries and please leave me a comment.

Subscribe to True Dustlynn



Wednesday, November 14, 2007

AWAKE!

Since seeing the preview for the upcoming movie Awake, I have been thinking about the awful feeling that it would be to be in surgery and be awake the whole time. You are laying there on the operating table paralyzed, unable to talk or scream or anything and have to listen and even feel some of the pain and pressure of the operation. I cant imagine this happening to me or anyone else but it does. The statistics I read was 1 in 400 which is pretty good that it wont happen to you but still weirds me out that it even does happen. I was reading an article about a woman in Virginia that this happened to while she was having surgery on her eye. She was having one removed and could feel the pressure of having the eye removed and the sounds going on around her but could not move or make any sound at all. She has nightmares and post traumatic stress from this happening to her. She cant even lay down when she sleeps because of the nightmare she went through. Some crazy stuff if you ask me!

5 comments:

BlueRing said...

I know...must be pretty scary and no wonder she has nightmares..I would too.Im getting surgery in my mouth and I preffer being asleep rather than listening to them talk bout wut their doing, imagine if u could feel..my god Id be so scarred for life in my mind..ugh can teven think bout it..cool eye pic by the way.

dustlynn said...

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them. What kind of surgery are you having? I am sure it will go over fine, hope the blog didnt scare you.

BlueRing said...

Im getting a hole drilled in my mouth and also getting 4 non baby teeth taken out...last time i went in for 3 baby teeth, lik 1month ago and they had to put 4 shots of anesthesea on ec side of the mouth..so yeah im pretty scared..no ur blog isnt scary..its cool actually.

Anonymous said...

I would much rather operate on myself than go to a hospital and be awake and watch them cut me open. LOL. I can just sit in my living room and do that. LOL.

www.MarcusLangford.com
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here
In conjunction with www.DrewryOnline.net
and www.JasonScherrer.com

Allison said...

I hate hospital's and eye's never mind having an operation on them,i think i would pull them out myself first LOL.

More about me

My photo
Im 27 years old and live in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Im a full time mommy with two beautiful little girls.