TrueDustlynn

Hey y'all! Welcome to my blog spot, hope you all enjoy reading my entries and please leave me a comment.

Subscribe to True Dustlynn



Thursday, November 29, 2007

GONE TOO FAR!

I have been reading and watching the horrible story of Megan Meier and her family since it first came out on the news. It is very disturbing and really sad. To sum it up Megan was a girl who had depression and self-esteem problems. She had a Myspace account and soon became friends with a person posing as Josh Evans. She was smitten with him and remained in contact with him over a month of time. She then became upset and hurt when he said that he didnt want to be her friend because he had heard that she was not nice to her friends. Then he started posting bulletins about her being fat and and a slut. Megan could not take the abuse and hung herself in her bedroom closet. Now that piece of the story is bad enough.

Josh Evans was later found out to not even exist. He was created by an adult neighbor who was trying to find out what Megan was saying online about her daughter! This is the crazy part to me, a grown ass woman is going to act like that towards a young impressionable girl, one she knows has self esteem and depression problems at that! It is sickening and disgusting to me. So now Megan's parents are coming forward asking for the neighbor mom to spend time in jail. I think that they have every right to do this. I cant imagine someone preying on my child like this. And not just someone but a grown adult at that. I dont know how she lives with herself after this because I know that I could not.

6 comments:

BlueRing said...

oh yeah i had heard of that...that is really sad and how frigging retarted of the mom...thats why i dont lik myspace..ud think shed just go up to the girl and talk to her or something but no she just had to push her to the limit...poor girl!!she must've felt so terrible to do that..

Anonymous said...

myspace is becoming the cesspool for many a wrong act. however as much as this news is tragic, i can not say that i am surprised. young people are becoming victims of many internet pitfalls on the daily basis; so what!? as a parent you should pay attention to what is going on with your kids and as child, you should know when to just do away with people and/or things that make you think negatively about yourself to the point where you want to take your own life. this is really ridiculous.

for me looking at it objectionably, i can not blame the mother on the other end who was creating this havoc. the young woman who was conducting this internet affair should have just let it go when she found out that "john" was bad-mouthing her. she chose to keep going on despite the obvious slander and abuse; not to mention that she obviously never said anything to her parents about the whole ordeal. if she had talked to her parents about it, then perhaps her life would have been spared. the fact that she was so impressionable, should have been even more reason for her parents to be closely monitoring her internet and/or myspace usage, so if anything, the parents of the victim should be held responsible for the death because for whatever reason they paid no attention to what was going on with their daughter. just my two cents on the matter.

www.MarcusLangford.com
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here
In conjunction w/ DrewryOnline.net

BlueRing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BlueRing said...

its not the moms fault on the other end???wut r u blind??of course it is..shes a mature woman who should know better than to do that and when ur a teen u dont just not care bout wut others say specially if it was someone u cared for..if i were that girl i think the samething wouldve happened to me because if john had done that to me i probably wouldnt have "let it go" and i know thatd i would NEVER EVER FOR THE LIFE OF ME tell my parents...wut kind of world do u think we live in??teens dont tell anything to their parents and thats totally how i wouldve acted if i wer the girl..(without the commiting suicide but id feel just as bad)..my parents have no clue i have a blogspot they think im doing homework so i could be the girl that doesnt talk to her parents,has a person lik the mom who acts as john,has a secret myspace in this case blogspot..and im very emotional and i care tons bout wut others think of me so imagine id probably be a little less affected as the girl but almost the same...so then wut would u say to that??it was the john lady and noones elses because if she hadnt done that the girl would still be alive and we wouldnt be having this conversation...thats just my point of view on this...by the way i came on a bit defensive yeah sorry bout that.jaja

dustlynn said...

I wouldnt put all the blame on the girl and her parents. The woman who created this "JOHN" is a grown ass woman. She had no business preying on a young girl's feelings especially when she knew that the young girl had depression and self esteem issues. And I agree with manola that teenagers dont always feel like they can talk to their parents. But she should have been kept a better eye on too.
But I know that if it was my child I would want that woman's head who created John so I dont blame the parents one bit for wanting to her to have to be punished. She is sickening.

BlueRing said...

im with u man..u said all so well and wraped it up quite easily unlik my paragraphs..jajja i tend to write a lot..

More about me

My photo
Im 27 years old and live in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Im a full time mommy with two beautiful little girls.