TrueDustlynn

Hey y'all! Welcome to my blog spot, hope you all enjoy reading my entries and please leave me a comment.

Subscribe to True Dustlynn



Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Customer Satisfaction?!?!?!?

OK. now I feel the need to rant for a little while so bare with me. As the holidays are quickly approaching these things have been bothering me more and more. So working in retail we are always concerned with customer service and I am not trying to belittle that because I feel that it is very important. But what about appreciation and common courteousy (sp) for the associate who is checking your impatient ass out???? I mean come on people it is ridiculous. So I am just going to make a list of things that really urk me it the checking out process.

1. Laying or throwing your money down on the register ~ OK so how much time is it gonna take for you to hand me your money? And throwing it you should just be smacked in your mouth for! Didnt your parents teach you any manners at all?

2. Rebagging the stuff ~ Ok I know what I am doing and you dont need to rebag the stuff that I put in the bags. If you wanna do it let me know and I wont waste me time doing it for you and if you want me to bag something a certain way then tell me and I will be happy to do it for you. Its not that serious!!!

3. Greetings and Salutations ~ So when someone comes through my line I just say Hi, how are you? or Did you find everything you needed? And sometimes I dont even really care to say it but I do. So could you please at least say something back to me??? I am not invisible and I dont normally talk to myself. I had this man the other day answer back "LIKE SH*T", when I asked him how he was. Yes I was a little taken back by this at first, but I laughed to myself and laughed out loud when he wasnt around. But he still answered me so it worked.

4. Tags and Labels ~ Please dont bring me something up that doesnt have a bar code or a UPC somewhere. I do not have a magical list that has everything in the store on it with the prices. And dont give me a bunch of crap when I have to call for a price check. UMMMM hello dumb as* youre the one who brought up something without a UPC!!! This is not your first day at life! If you dont wanna wait then get it another time, I see you in here everyday so dont act like it is a huge deal! Or wait and be patient, oh wow thats a new concept!

5. Returns ~ Dont be bringing stuff back that you bought last year or that your dog has been sleeping on for a month. We arent gonna take it back! Dont act like you are surprised or pissed off.

Ok I am sure that I will think of more but those are the ones that come to mind. I feel a lot better now.....whew!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel your plight dusty.

i believe anyone that has worked in the business of servicing rude patrons can relate to this blog post.

i always make it my aim to be polite to those helping me when i am checking out. even if that person does not talk to me, i talk to them. with a smile on my face i ask "how are you today?" it is obvious that most of the times they are not having a good day, but it is good have customers that would actually take the time out to ask. hey, a happy worker equals a happy customer.

some people are just good at being _ssholes with little to no respect, so you hang in there and keep that bright smile on your face-kill 'em with kindness babe.

www.MarcusLangford.com
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here
In conjunction w/ DrewryOnline.net

BlueRing said...

yeah i totally get wut u mean...i mean lik seriously all those crumpy retards that think that since theyr having a bad day they can just come and be frigging jackasses to everyone else but hey they world does not revolve rond them and just cuz ur pissed that doesnt mean u should take it out on me..so back off!!(Thats wut i feel lik telling those kinda ppl u talking bout if i could and not worry bout consequences...)

dustlynn said...

Thanks for the upbeat words guys. I definitely try to kill them with kindness when I really just wanna kill em! HE HE HE!
There are times though when I definitely feel very small. It just makes for a horrible day and mood :(

Anonymous said...

d_mn that! don't ever let ANYONE make you feel small dusty! i was never good with customer service because i was quick to speak my mind. my motto is "if you wanna be an _ss, then i will be an _ss right back!". i've got my pride and my parents didn't raise no punk! try me if you want! lol.

www.MarcusLangford.com
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here
In conjunction w/ DrewryOnline.net

BlueRing said...

jaja..Im a lot like that which isnt always good.I speak my mind when Im mad and sad so then I get in trouble because I dont say stuff in the right 'tone'...and i can get emotional easily..which really sucks so its good that u can take it but not that u let it affect u..

Vicky said...

As for me who works in customer service all day long on the phone, talking to idiots about their car insurance, let me tell you this, if someone is going to belittle you, you don't get snappy or act like a smart ass, you just let them know exactly why you are better than them, if they say "why is it so expensive ask them if they remember add a brand new f-ing car...then they will feel stupid, its all about the way you word things these days.
i love you dusty tell them to call me if they have a problem.

More about me

My photo
Im 27 years old and live in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Im a full time mommy with two beautiful little girls.