TrueDustlynn

Hey y'all! Welcome to my blog spot, hope you all enjoy reading my entries and please leave me a comment.

Subscribe to True Dustlynn



Wednesday, November 28, 2007

BREAKING THE BOX!


I am going to blog about something that has really been bothering me lately. I know this woman who is white and for whatever reason she only wants black guys. I dont understand this at all. I mean she is to the point to where she wont even look at a man unless he is black. Makes absolutely no sense to me at all. But it doesnt have to right? Right.
Anyway she and I were talking today and she was asking me about how I grew up and where and just general conversation. And we got once again on the subject of "hot men" which is her favorite subject. She was asking me what my type was and I was just telling her what I like in a guy and she was saying what she looked for. Then she asked me about skin color and if it was a big deal to me what the skin color of a guy was. I told her it didnt matter at all to me. And can you believe she told me I was lying! She said she could tell that I only liked white men and that I wasnt the "type" of girl to like black men. EXCUSE ME!!! What "type" of girl likes black men? She bumped her head hard somewhere. She went on to try to defend herself by saying that I was too straight laced to be attracted to a guy who wasnt white. I told her she obviously knows nothing about me, which she doesnt!
So anyway, it just really bothers me when I am put into a box like that. If you dont know me then dont ACT like you do! I am full of surprises and always growing and getting better. So if you dont know, you better ASK SOMEBODY! (and maybe somebody who knows me, he he)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

now this is a great read.

i do know you personally and you and i both know that you like black men as well.

i can understand your frustration. growing up in louisa as well, i had been told that i "look like i date white girls". i never could understand this, but then at the same time central virginia is hot bed for white/black couples and families. also many people came to the assumption that i would only date white women because my brother marlon always dated white women; that is what he preferred. i did date one white girl as a late teen (you remember that) but anyone that truly knows me, know that i love my black women first and foremost. i have absolutely no issues with women of any other color, but i prefer to be with a black woman just the same that my brother preferred to have married a white woman.

ultimately people always marry the person who they feel will be best for them and if this is the case, then color will not be an issue; it is all about the person and how they fulfill your needs and/or wants.

www.MarcusLangford.com
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here
In conjunction w/ DrewryOnline.net

Moon child photography said...

I think some people like blond hair better then brown hair or brown eyes better then blue eyes and some girls like black guys better then white guys. Dont you think thats just a taste thing?

BlueRing said...

I think that if u lik only black or only white then thats totally fine...I mean I know wut I lik and thats totally fine with me because if thats wut I feel comfortable with then thats who ill be with and if Im not comfortable with another color then im not so i wont date them..wuts the big deal?? I have come to the cnclusion that I dont know wut I like..I think i like both but Im not sure..i guess ill find out when I grow older right or when im in some situation such as that ight??yep siree.

dustlynn said...

Angie, I do think that it is a taste thing and to each his or her own. But your decisions are not based on the way you look and the way other people perceive you.

dustlynn said...

Manola, you will figure it out girl. Just whatever color their skin make sure they are a good guy!

BlueRing said...

at first i thought it only said guy not good and i was huh??and started cracking up...wutever!!yeah i mean hes good a good heart and loves me back then thats wut matters i guess.thanks

More about me

My photo
Im 27 years old and live in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Im a full time mommy with two beautiful little girls.