TrueDustlynn

Hey y'all! Welcome to my blog spot, hope you all enjoy reading my entries and please leave me a comment.

Subscribe to True Dustlynn



Friday, October 12, 2007

Bye Bye Baby

Drug makers pulled medicine for infants (under 2) off the market this week. Just in time for cooler weather, parents will now have to look other places for relief from cold and coughs. For me I know that doctors have said that these medications do not actually help the child with the simple cold and cough. Rather it fills their little bodies with medicine that they do not actually need and in some cases has actually led to deaths from acidental overdose!


I think that this is long overdue and a great step for the FDA. Unless there is an infection then babies really just need to have good old-fashioned medicine to make them better. I wish that I had known what I know now when my kids were smaller and I wouldnt have wasted my time and money with these infant medications. Spend time instead making sure your baby is loved and take the money you would use and buy them a teddy bear or blanket when they arent feeling well. This goes a long way with babies who need a little extra TLC. Just think no more trying to pry their mouths open and forcing medicine down them. Maybe they knew all along :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya know...you stole my idea. LOL. I was going to do a blog about this. But since you have two little girls this posting was definitely more suited for you my dear.

'Mind Of Marcus' BlogSpot
The Mind For Evolution Is Here

More about me

My photo
Im 27 years old and live in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Im a full time mommy with two beautiful little girls.