TrueDustlynn

Hey y'all! Welcome to my blog spot, hope you all enjoy reading my entries and please leave me a comment.

Subscribe to True Dustlynn



Thursday, October 25, 2007

Innocent until someone "thinks" it was you!

I was reading this article about this man named Willie "Pete" Williams and my jaw dropped. This man was wrongly convicted of a crime and served 20 years in prison! His nightmare started when he was 23 years old and had been pulled over one night. He had no idea that his life was about to be over before it had a chance to really blossom. They questioned and arrested him under beliefs that he was an area rapist who had struck the area 3 weeks earlier. He was sentenced to 45 years in prison for a crime he didnt commit. There were 3 eyewitnesses who said that it was Pete that they had seen. Due to this he lost 20 years of his life before DNA proved that it was not him. This is so crazy! I cant imagine being pulled over and then taken to prison right after that for something that I had no hand in!! This man is truely a strong man because he says now he is not angry anymore. He is letting the anger go and getting on with his life.......and to me deserves some major compensation for this unimaginable wrongdoing. I know that it can not make up for what has been taken from him but it is a start in the right direction. I cant believe this could happen to an innocent man when we cant seem to find the real killers and rapists in this world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know...you have been TAGGED. Go to my blog and see latest posting for details.

www.MarcusLangford.com
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here

Anonymous said...

I know that's right. It amazes how you could arrest someone and take a half so many years of their life on invalid evidence. He is a better man than I am, because I would be suing up a storm. But I would guess after serving 20 some-odd years in prison, your freedom is all that is important, so I can see why he is not angry.

www.MarcusLangford.com
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here

More about me

My photo
Im 27 years old and live in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Im a full time mommy with two beautiful little girls.