TrueDustlynn

Hey y'all! Welcome to my blog spot, hope you all enjoy reading my entries and please leave me a comment.

Subscribe to True Dustlynn



Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Down and out

So today I was off from work and didnt do much other than clean which is what I always do when I am off. This evening however I took one of my neighbors to a local food pantry. She has three small children and her husband recently lost his job so they are in need of some help right now. She asked me if I would give her a ride and I said that I would be happy to. I told her that I didnt know where it was but she gave me directions, so we went. Anyway it was located at a church downtown, which I dont really go to very much. So we got there at 6:30 and went into the building. Come to find out it didnt open up until 7 but there was already a line when we got there so we got in it and waited.
Well we are standing there and I am looking around and my heart just starts breaking and I feel so badly for some of these people. I mean I know that there are people everywhere who need help but to stand in line with them and to hear them speaking about their situations is very humbling. It was so sad to see some of them that looked like they had not had a bath in who knows how long and the clothes they were wearing were dirty and falling apart. I just stood there and started praying, asking God to please help them in their situations, to watch over them wherever they go and asking for forgiveness for myself. I am always stressing out about bills and money and to see these people and be in their prescence I felt so blessed with my life. Sure I have my problems and needs but I have a place to lay my head at night, clean clothes, a hot shower, healthy and happy daughters, a husband and food to eat. I am so thankful for what God has given me and I realize that I dont say it or show it enough. I was truly blessed tonight and I thank God for everything he has given me. AMEN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seeing those less fortunate than myself has always been a humbling experience. I truly do pity the poor and it's so sad that we have one of the richest countries in the planet, but have poor and homeless people that sleep on benches right outside of the White House! I have given of my own resources (i.e. time and/or money) to see that those less fortunate can find themselves in a better situation. Our government really does need to rethink its financial priorities. If we stop funding this multi-billion dollar per month war, then just perhaps we could find a solution to the homelessness in America.

'Mind Of Marcus' BlogSpot
Subscribe to 'Mind of Marcus'
The Mind For Revolution Is Here

More about me

My photo
Im 27 years old and live in Harrisonburg, Virginia. Im a full time mommy with two beautiful little girls.